The BALI TEFL is a recognized 120 hour in-class course which prepares and certifies teachers for their ESL teaching career. Delivered in SBI’s corporate headquarters minutes from the beach in Sanur, Bali, the course covers the fundamentals and principles of ESL teaching taught by qualified course instructors holding DELTA certifications over a 6-week period.
Instruction is given in a classroom setting through a combination of lectures, role-plays, group assignments and class observations. Course content focuses on preparing teachers for all types of teaching, all age groups, class sizes, and formats (1-on-1, large classes, on-line class and in-person class delivery).
The course also includes 6 hours of in-class and online assessed teaching practice with real students.
Career counseling and direct job placement at a multitude of high-paying schools in China is also a service offered to graduates of the BALI TEFL program. In-center teaching positions may be available to select candidates.
Course Dates 2020:
- February 17 – March 27
- July 6 – August 14 (Postponed until further notice)
- Weekdays between 12:00-17:00 (5 days per week)
BALI TEFL Fee: $800 USD (course only)
- Weekly workshops covering teaching methodology and lesson planning
- Lesson plan development
- Observed lessons and feedback sessions
- Team-teaching and peer observations
- Coaching and guidance from SBI's academic team leaders