The BALI TEFL is a recognized 120 hour in-class course which prepares and certifies teachers for their ESL teaching career. Delivered in SBI’s corporate headquarters minutes from the beach in Sanur, Bali, the course covers the fundamentals and principles of ESL teaching taught by qualified course instructors holding DELTA and Master TESOL certifications over a 6-week period.
Instruction is given in a classroom setting through a combination of lectures, role-plays, group assignments and class observations. Course content focuses on preparing teachers for all types of teaching, all age groups, class sizes, and formats (1-on-1, large classes, on-line class and in-person class delivery).
The course also includes 6 hours of in-class and online assessed teaching practice with real students.
SBI’s BALI TEFL can also be bundled with a six month trainee teacher posting upon successful completion of the TEFL program and select North American candidates may also qualify for free TEFL scholarships followed by job placement in Bali. For more details on the Trainee Teacher Program, click here.
Career counseling and direct job placement at a multitude of high-paying schools in China is also a service offered to graduates of the BALI TEFL program.
Course Dates 2019:
- June 17 – July 26 (Scholarship program only)
- September 2 – October 18 (open registration)
Course Dates 2020:
- February 3 – February 28
- April 6 – May 1
- June 3 – June 28
Weekdays between 12:00-17:00 4-5 days per week; weekends free
BALI TEFL Fee
$799 USD (course only)
- Optional support package $1099 USD which includes: airport pickup, 6-weeks accommodation (private room with pool), breakfast, motorbike rental and visa extension. The support package is suggested for candidates who are new to Bali.
- Weekly workshops covering teaching methodology and lesson planning
- Lesson plan development
- Observed lessons and feedback sessions
- Team-teaching and peer observations
- Coaching and guidance from SBI's academic team leaders
Trainees are also expected to attend Bahasa Indonesian classes at least twice a week and SBI also provides free Mandarin language classes to trainees who are considering teaching positions in China.