International English Programme
SBI’s International English Programme is designed for international students who want to combine English language study with the opportunity to spend time on the paradise island of Bali.
At SBI we aim to improve each student’s confidence through maximizing opportunities for speaking practice and our mixed nationality classes and supportive approach means students can develop their English skills quickly in a true ‘English immersion’ environment.
SBI’s students come from all over the world including from countries such as South Korea, Japan, Brazil, Spain and Russia. Please see our testimonials here
Before coming to Bali each SBI student is encouraged to take an online introduction class with one of our teachers and following this our academic team will set a personal learning plan.
SBI courses are run onsite at Four Points by Sheraton and SBI students have pool and facility access throughout their study period with SBI. Our unique learning environment means that students can relax and enjoy the resort atmosphere before and after study sessions.
Each student selects a 9, 12 or 15 hour per week study programmme and studies in a mix of private/focus classes and group conversation classes.
In conversation classes there is a focus on developing speaking and listening skills and group conversation classes are taught by native speaker teachers. The main aim of these classes is to improve spoken fluency and confidence in using English. Conversation classes are 50% of the weekly study load.
In private focus classes students can receive additional conversation tuition or select from a specific course type. These private classes are 50% of the study load and are delivered by one of SBI’s qualified Indonesian language instructors.
In conversation classes students will:
- Receive clear and detailed presentation of new language
- Confirm understanding of new language through gap fills, relevant listening activities & engaging activities.
- Enjoy free speaking practice in discussions and role plays
- Receive feedback on accuracy & appropriacy of language
- Be taught by qualified native speaker teachers
In focus Classes (1 on 1) students will:
- Focus on areas of specific weakness
- Study a specific course type (IELTS, Academic writing Business Correspondence etc…)
- Receive personal coaching customized to their needs
- Be taught by a qualified non-native instructor
Click here to see details about SBI’s Academic System, details and further details about courses.
Available study packages at SBI:
Four Points by Sheraton at Ungasan is the home of SBI’s International Student Programme and SBI can arrange special accommodation packages for students wishing to stay and study at the same location. Please follow the link to see more about Four Points by Sheraton.
Many students chose to stay offsite and there are a wide range of alternative accommodation options nearby,
SBI’s International Student Programme allows students to develop English language skills and build new friendships while enjoying a stay on the paradise island of Bali. We hope to see you in Bali soon!
- 9, 12 or 15 hours per week of study
- 50% group classes with a native speaker & 50% private classes with a non-native instructor
- Complete learning pack and all learning materials
- Access to SBI’s online learning application
- Assistance with visa arrangements
- Airport pick up
- Accommodation (optional)
- Airfares from home location to and from Bali
- Travel insurance-all students are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance to cover them for the entirety of their stay in Bali
- Study Bali International coordinates with international students to advise on visa types