International English Programme
SBI’s International English Programme is designed for international students who want to combine English language study with the opportunity to spend time on the paradise island of Bali.
At SBI we aim to improve each student’s confidence through maximizing opportunities for speaking practice and our mixed nationality classes and supportive approach means students can develop their English skills quickly in a true ‘English immersion’ environment.
SBI’s students come from all over the world including from countries such as South Korea, Japan, Brazil, Spain and Russia. Please see our testimonials here
Before coming to Bali each SBI student is encouraged to take an online introduction class with one of our teachers and following this our academic team will set a personal learning plan.
SBI courses are run onsite at Four Points by Sheraton and SBI students have pool and facility access throughout their study period with SBI. Our unique learning environment means that students can relax and enjoy the resort atmosphere before and after study sessions.
SBI’s Learning System Overview
SBI General English study modules are in line with the CEFR international standard and this allows students to track their development against a recognized global language proficiency framework.
General English Classes
Students study for 9 or 12 hours a week in group general English classes and these classes focus on building vocabulary and developing listening and speaking skills. General English classes are usually run with small groups of students at the same English level.
Students selecting the intensive programme (15 hours a week) receive 3 hours of additional classes from a range of course options tailored to the student’s needs (i.e TOEFL, IELTS). In an SBI focus class students have the opportunity to focus on skills that they would most like to develop. Focus classes are taught by non-native speaking teachers.
Students can also choose to have an additional 10 hours per week of private tuition, delivered from the comfort of their own accommodation. These one on one classes are taught by a non-native speaking teacher.
In conversation classes students will:
- Receive clear and detailed presentation of new language.
- Confirm understanding of new language through gap fills, relevant listening activities & engaging activities.
- Enjoy free speaking practice in discussions and role plays.
- Receive feedback on accuracy & appropriacy of language.
- Be taught by qualified native speaker teachers.
In focus Classes (1 on 1) students will:
- Focus on areas of specific weakness.
- Study a specific course type (IELTS, Academic writing Business Correspondence etc…).
- Receive personal coaching customized to their needs.
- Be taught by a qualified non-native instructor.
Click here to see details about SBI’s Academic System, details and further details about courses.
Study Bali International’s Study Base is perfect for students who are looking to develop their English skills in a ‘tropical style’ learning environment. We aim to make our students feel right at home so that they can relax and maximize their language development.
The Four Points by Sheraton resort is the perfect location for students who are looking to develop their English in an idyllic tropical setting and SBI offers study and accommodation packages for our students. Students travelling alone can book a single room package, those coming to study with a friend can book a double room package and students can also select the accommodation only package.
Many students chose to stay offsite and there are a wide range of alternative accommodation options nearby.
SBI’s International Student Programme allows students to develop English language skills and build new friendships while enjoying a stay on the paradise island of Bali. We hope to see you in Bali soon!
- Group classes with a 50% Native Speaker / 50% Non Native Speaker
- Complete learning pack and all learning materials
- Accommodation (optional)
- Airfares from home location to and from Bali
- Travel insurance including Covid-19 coverage is currently mandatory for visitors to Bali. Students should check updated requirements
- Study Bali International coordinates with international students to advise on visa types