International Standard English Course in Bali
SBI’s General English Programme is designed for international students who want to study an English course in Bali. This English course combines English language study with the opportunity to spend time on the paradise island of Bali.
General English classes as part of SBI's adult English courses focus on improving each student’s confidence through maximizing opportunities for speaking practice. Our mixed nationality English classes and supportive approach means students can develop their English skills quickly in a true ‘English immersion’ environment.
English course classes at SBI are generally small with between 4 and 8 students per learning group. Most students studying English courses with SBI in Bali are from countries such as France, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Brazil, and Indonesia.
General English Course Classes
- SBI's General English course programme has 9 levels: Elementary (A1) to Advanced (C1)
- Each level is 120 hours in length and is completed in 4 weeks.
- SBI levels align with the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference).
- Lessons are 90 minutes long.
- English classes focus on speaking and listening, with some reading and writing.
- Lessons include language presentations, listening activities, video tasks, group projects, role plays, presentations, and debates.
- Students develop English language ability in topic-based lessons relevant to real-life situations.
- Students practice new language and freely produce new language by the end of each lesson.
- Each lesson is summarized with error correction and feedback on progress.
Note: Students receive a report upon completion of 60 hours.
|SBI's English course in Bali attracts students from around the world|
Weekly Study Timetables
Morning study timetable:
Mon to Fri:
9:30-11:00 / 11:15 - 12:45 (15-hour p/w schedule)
Afternoon study timetable:
Mon to Fri:
13:30 – 15:00 / 15:15 - 16:45 (15-hour p/w schedule)
SBI Residence (standard option)
SBI maintains a student residence arrangement with Baliem hotel which is just a 5-minute drive / 15-minute walk to the school. This hotel is complete with comfortable and private air-conditioned rooms for SBI students.
Students will stay together with fellow SBI students and enjoy the opportunity to make friends and share experiences while enjoying studying an English course in the beautiful surroundings of Bali.
Residence facilities include:
- Swimming pool
- Hot water
- Co-working space area
- Free drinking water
- Weekly room cleaning service
Students wishing to book a study and accommodation package as part of an English course in Bali, should book and pay well in advance as SBI’s residence arrangement is limited to 18 rooms.
Four Points by Sheraton (upgrade option)
Four Points by Sheraton is the home of SBI and students can also enjoy the convenience of staying onsite at the hotel. Staying onsite at Four Points is more expensive but is an option to consider for students coming together with one or two friends.
SBI students who book at Four Points are placed in 43 sqm deluxe rooms which overlook Jimbaran Bay which is inclusive of breakfast.
Hotel Facilities include:
- The Evolution Restaurant is open from 6:30 am until 11 pm
- In-room dining is available 24 hours
- Two swimming pools.
- Open garden/spaces
- Wi-Fi Internet Access.
- Massage services & spa.
- Fitness Center
- 24-hour security
Note: Students can also source their own private accommodation and select a study-only package. SBI can provide a list of verified accommodation options close to the school.
SBI also arranges regular student outings for our students and these are attended by fellow students and class teachers. A huge benefit to students studying an English course in Bali is the unique range of excursions students can experience.
- Surfing Lesson and Beach Hang Out
- Bali Village Day Out
- Water sports (banana boat etc...)
- Uluwatu temple visit
- Beach Club Party (lunch)
- Bali Swing and Coffee Tasting
- Mountain Sunrise Hiking
- White Water Rafting
|Surfing||White Water Rafting|
|Bali Village Day out||Snorkelling|
Students looking study an English course in Bali for longer than 60 days can request visa assistance from SBI and we can facilitate longer-stay visas for select nationalities.
Visa support details are provided after the initial enquiry and study request have been submitted.
We look forward to hosting your English course in Bali, and to guiding your English language development here on the paradise island of Bali.